Lymph Drainage – Example for leg
- Have leg elevated above head
- Start at clavicle – 30 pumps
- Axillary pump – 30 pumps
- Inguinal pump – 30 pumps
- For all of the above, tell the client it will go on for 3-5 minutes, ask them to take relaxed breaths and pump with breaths.
- Compress- recoil towards inguinal, 3-5 minutes, superficial effleurage
- Describe how the scar looks ( texture, colour), ask about altered sensation, heaviness or numbness
- Begin with light palpation and go deeper into the scare to determine thickness – state
- Shift scar in 4 motions
- Perform joint range of motion with 1. scar in slack 2 hold down proximal scar 3. hold down distal scar
- State any limitations, check in with sensations created
- Pick up scar, state if it feels tethered
- C-Bowing, S-bowing, skin rolling – state if there’s denser parts
- Check in with client throughout treatment
- If scar is present, ask about loss of sensation, heaviness, numbness, pain and if you can touch it!