Want to relax and release the tension you’ve been feeling all day? Learning how to self-massage your face and head will help with that.
How to self-massage the frontalis.
- With both hands, spread your fingers apart and glide them away from each other horizontally across your forehead
- Then, pull your fingers up from your eyebrows towards your hair line
Time: 2- 5 mintues
How to self-massage the temporalis.
- Locate the temporalis by bringing your fingers to your temple
- Fingertip knead in that area
- Glide your fingers out from the temples towards the hair line
Time : 2 – 5 minutes
How to self-massage the masseter.
- Locate the masseter by finding your cheek bone and the angle of your jaw
- Move your fingers perpendicular across the muscle
- Stop and compress when you find a tender area and move on when the pain starts to dissipate
Time: 2 minutes
How to self-massage the face.
- Glide your fingers from under your eyes near your nose, towards the outer edges of your eyes,
- Next, glide your fingers from the bridge of your nose, over your eyebrows towards the outer edges of your eyes
- Knead the lymph nodes under your chin, with light pressure
- Tap lightly the areas underneath and above the eyes
Time: 5 minutes
Disclaimer: These self-massage tips are for educational purposes only. If you feel safe and comfortable to try them on yourself, go ahead. If you are experiencing any pain that you would rate a 6/10 on a pain scale while self-massaging, please stop and seek advice. My email is listed on the home page if you have any questions or concerns.